The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has approved the deployment of Uzoma Emenike as the country’s ambassador to the US.
She is the first female Nigerian ambassador to the God’s Own country according to Office of the Chief Protocol, US Department of State.
Below are what you need to know about Uzoma Emenike
1. She hails from Abia State.
2. Emenike is 55 years old.
3. Dr Emenike is the current Ambassador to Ireland, with concurrent accreditation to Iceland.
4. She arrived at Dublin, capital of Ireland, on August 30, 2017, to assume duty.
5. She came into limelight in 2016 when Buhari sent her name, alongside 45 others, to the Senate for confirmation as non-career ambassadors.
6. Before her posting to the US, 20 men have manned embassy since 1960.
7. She holds two bachelor’s degrees, two master’s degrees, and a doctorate.
8. Emenike is an alumnus of University of Lagos and University of Reading, UK.
9. Emenike is a writer whose published articles include “The Africa We Envisage in 50 Years Time” and “Europe Needs Africa,” “Africa: The Centre-Piece of Nigeria’s Foreign Policy”.
10. Uzoma is married to Ikechi Emenike and they have four children.