Professor Femi, the younger brother of Nobel Laureate, Wole Soyinka, has died at the age of 85.
Below are five facts you should know about the late professor:
1. Professor Soyinka received a degree in Medicine and Surgery MBChB from the University of Heidelberg, Germany in 1964 and a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from the same university in 1965.
2. He specialised and practised as a Dermatologist, Venereologist and Allergologist at the University of Giessen, in 1969.
3. In Nigeria, Professor Soyinka spent decades in academia, holding various positions from Chief Medical Director to Dean of the Faculty of Health Sciences and the Provost of the College of Health Sciences of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria.
4. Professor Soyinka championed the cause of People Living With HIV/AIDS in Nigeria with the initiation of the Ambassador of Hope programme in Nigeria, creating public awareness of the disease. He was a past president of Society for AIDS in Africa.
5. Professor Soyinka died at his home in Kukumada Village, Ibadan, Oyo State.