The Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has launched 500 units of First and Last Mile buses in a bid to provide alternatives to motorcycles, popularly called Okada.
Here are seven things you should know about the FLM Buses:
1) The FLM buses will serve 286 identified routes within the state.
2) FLM are mini-passenger buses with seats ranging between seven and 11-seats.
3) Commuters will be able to use Cowry Travel Cards – an automated payment system already in use for BRT buses.
4) Drivers to be engaged in the FLM scheme would be certified by the Lagos State Drivers Institute to ensure that they are fit to operate the buses.
5) The buses carry monitoring mobile applications designed for data collection as well as tracking purposes.
6) Buses would be increased to 5000 in the days ahead.
7) FLM Scheme comes with life insurance for passengers, drivers.