Veteran Nollywood actor, Bruno Iwuoha, 68, on Saturday died after a long battle with diabetes.
As Nollywood mourns again, below are what you should know about the actor:
1. His foray into the acting world was the result of a producer’s need for a naturally grey-haired elderly actor.
2. Iwuoha made his debut in a Ndubuisi Okoh production titled, ‘Lost Kingdom’ which was shot at Aba.
3. He won the Best Supporting Actor at the 2007 Africa Movie Academy Awards for his role in ‘Sins of the Flesh’.
4. Iwuoha first went public with his health challenges on a radio programme in 2015.
5. He suffered from diabetes, which resulted in glaucoma.
6. Bruno Iwuoha’s name was listed among beneficiaries of an appeal fund that the Actors Guild of Nigeria launched in January 2021.
7. He is survived by his wife and six children.